- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dark chocolate, (preferably 70% cocoa content)
- 100 g butter
- 2 medium eggs, plus 1 yolk
- 80 g muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 50 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
For the Chantilly cream:
- 300 ml double cream
- half a vanilla pods, slit open and seeds scraped out
- 50 g caster sugar, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. In a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
3. Mix together the eggs, yolk and sugar.
4. Mix together the cocoa, flour, baking powder and mixed spice.
5. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the eggs.
6. Fold the cocoa mixture into the chocolate mixture.
7. Divide the chocolate mixture into 4 greased and cocoa dusted ramekins and bake for around 8-9 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, make the Chantilly cream. Whisk the double cream until fluffy. Fold in the vanilla seeds and sifted caster sugar.
9. Allow the chocolate puddings to rest for 1 minute before turning out. Serve at once whilst still runny in the centre with the Chantilly cream.
Rate This Recipe