- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins standing time
- Effort: easy
- 250 g couscous
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.5 tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp dried red chilli flakes, crushed
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 300 ml orange juice
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 50 g sun-blushed tomatoes
- 150 g artichokes, cooked and marinated in French dressing
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, grated zest and juice
1. Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl and stir in the spices.
2. Bring the vegetable stock and orange juice to a boil and pour over the couscous making sure that the liquid covers the couscous. If it doesn't, add a dash of boiling water. Cover with a plate and leave on one side for about 10 minutes, or until it has absorbed all the stock. Fluff up the couscous with a fork.
3. Slice the artichoke hearts and add to the bowl along with the parsley, coriander and tomatoes. Stir in the olive oil and sharpen the salad with grated lemon zest and juice. Serve at room temperature.
Rate This Recipe