- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 550 g beef fillet
- pinches dried rosemary
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- salad leaves, beetroot, rocket, mustard peppermint
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- grape must, (Vincotto)
- freshly grated horseradish
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. Mix together the coriander, cinnamon and turmeric, and use this to coat the beef fillet, making sure that the dry marinade covers all the meat surfaces. Wrap in cling film and rest for at least 2 hours (for best results leave the meat to marinate for up to a day).
3. In a hot non-stick pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil, add the rosemary and brown the beef fillet on all sides. For a medium-cooked fillet, transfer to the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest for few minutes before slicing.
4. Cut the aubergines into 2.5cm slices, oil them thoroughly and cook on a hot griddle pan for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt, pepper and chopped garlic.
5. Wash the leaves and place in a mixing bowl. Mix 3 parts of oil to 1 part of vinegar and a teaspoon of honey, adding salt and pepper to taste.
6. Once rested, cut the beef in to slices and arrange on top of the grilled aubergines. Mix the olive oil and grape must and drizzle over the meat with the salad on the side. To finish, sprinkle with freshly grated horseradish.
Rate This Recipe