- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the lamb
- 200 g boneless leg of lamb, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 6 prunes, stones removed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 heads Little Gem lettuce
For the flatbreads
- 150 g strong bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120-125 ml water
For the yogurt dressing
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- pinches saffron
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ tsp cumin
1. Soak a few wooden skewers in cold water for at least 15 minutes.
2. For the lamb: place the lamb into a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, ground coriander and olive oil and mix well to coat the lamb in the seasonings. Set aside to marinate.
3. Place the prunes into a small bowl and cover with the honey.
4. For the flatbreads: in a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, caraway seeds and olive oil. Slowly mix in the water, until well combined and the mixture comes together to form a dough (you may not need all of the water). Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, then set aside.
5. For the yogurt dressing: heat the olive oil in a small pan over a low heat with the saffron, allowing it to infuse in the oil for a few minutes. Remove from the heat.
6. Place the yogurt into a bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well, then stir in the saffron oil and cumin. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Heat a hot griddle pan over a high heat. Thread the lamb cubes onto the wooden skewers, then grill the lamb for 7-8 minutes (for medium rare), turning occasionally, or until the lamb is golden-brown all over and cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
8. Pinch off large pieces of the dough and roll out on a lightly floured work surface until about 10-12cm in diameter and 3mm thick.
9. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat, then add the flatbreads to the griddle pan in batches. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until the flatbreads are golden-brown and cooked through. Remove from the griddle and drizzle with olive oil.
10. To serve, place some lettuce leaves over the flatbread and place a lamb skewer on top. Wrap the flatbread around the lamb, using it to hold the meat in place while you remove the skewer. Top with the prunes in honey and a drizzle of the saffron yogurt.
Rate This Recipe