- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed or finely grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 450 g minced lamb
- 225 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 5mm cubes
- 75 g frozen peas
- 4-6 pitta bread
- natural Greek yogurt
1. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan on a high heat and, when hot, add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Fry, stirring frequently, for 68 minutes or until the onion is cooked and golden at the edges.
2. Add the spices and mince and cook for 45 minutes or until the mince loses its raw colour.
3. Tip in the potatoes and 50ml of water then cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 810 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender. Add the peas and cook uncovered for a further 2 minutes.
4. Shortly before the spiced mince is ready, toast the pitta breads and pour the Greek yogurt into a small serving bowl. Season the cooked lamb to taste and serve with the toasted pittas and the bowl of yoghurt.
Recipe taken from Rachel Allen's Easy Meals.
Rate This Recipe