- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 leg of lamb steaks
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 3-4 tbsp plain yogurt, (or crème fraîche)
- 1 lemon
- 250 g couscous
- 1 good handfuls chopped coriander
- 1 pomegranate
- plain yogurt
- green salad
1. Place the leg steaks in a shallow dish and drizzle with a good bit of olive oil. Mix the crushed garlic, ground cumin, yogurt and the juice of 1/2 the lemon. Season well and mix over the meat. Leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour - the longer the better.
2. Take the lamb out of the fridge and pre-heat a grill pan with a drizzle of olive oil on. When hot add the lamb and turn the heat down to medium. Cook the lamb for 10 - 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until done.
3. Meanwhile, while the lamb is cooking, boil the kettle and tip the couscous into a bowl. Pour over 300ml boiling water, stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes. When all the water has been absorbed, stir with a fork, add a good drizzle of olive oil, the remaining lemon juice, then season and toss through the chopped coriander. Check for seasoning. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and stir into the couscous.
4. Take the lamb off the heat and serve with the couscous, coloured by the pomegranate seeds. Garnish with coriander and a dollop of yogurt. Serve with a green side salad.
Rate This Recipe