- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the spice mix
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried dried red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the lamb
- 2 leg of lamb, steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, halved
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- salt and black pepper
- 1 bunches mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 fresh pomegranate
- 100 g pine kernels
- 3 large handfuls rocket
- 1 bunches spring onions, sliced
1. To make the spice mix, stir all the spices together and store in an airtight container.
2. Take two tablespoons of the spice mixture and rub it into the lamb, followed by the chopped garlic (this can be done a couple of hours in advance of cooking).
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Cut the squash in half, drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and roast until tender, about 25-35 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make the dressing, mix the mint with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice. Deseed the pomegranate and add the seeds to the dressing. Adjust the seasoning to taste and set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan till very hot and sear the lamb on each side. You can either continue cooking on the stove (5 minutes each side) or cook the meat until rare in the oven for a few minutes.
6. Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, stirring constantly, until golden. Transfer the pine nuts to a heatproof bowl to cool.
7. In a salad bowl, toss the rocket and spring onions together. Dress with a little of the salad dressing. Scoop out the flesh from the cooked squash and add it to the salad. Season to taste.
8. Pile the salad in the centre of serving plates. Slice the lamb and arrange on top. Drizzle with more of the salad dressing, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and serve.
Rate This Recipe