- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 250 g brown sugar
- 550 ml orange juice
- 16 mandarins, or satsumas, peeled
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 5cm knob of ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- crème fraîche, to serve
For the crumble topping:
- 90 g unsalted butter
- 55 g plain flour
- 175 g rolled oats
- 70 g demerara sugar
- 55 g toasted hazelnuts, lightly crushed
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Lightly butter an ovenproof dish.
2. In a saucepan, melt the brown sugar and half of the orange juice together, bring to a rapid boil and cook until syrupy.
3. Add the mandarins or satsumas into the hot syrup and coat.
4. Add the cinnamon, star anise and ginger.
5. Add the remaining orange juice, stir in the cornflour mixture, brandy and Grand Marnier.
6. Stir gently and transfer to the prepared ovenproof dish.
7. In a large bowl, rub the butter, flour and oats together until well incorporated.
8. Add the sugar and mix together thoroughly.
9. Add the nuts and mix well.
10. Sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit and bake for 15 minutes. Serve with crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe