- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g smoked pancetta
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes, (or to taste)
- 1 small handfuls basil
- 30 g butter
- 30 g parmesan, grated
1. Heat a frying pan and gently fry the pancetta until it is golden and crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Add the cherry tomatoes to the same pan and fry for 2-3 minutes until they are hot and the skins are beginning to burst. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
3. For best results, make one omelette at a time. Break 3 of the eggs into a bowl and using a fork, whisk in half of the chilli flakes and basil. Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the crispy pancetta.
4. Heat half of the butter in a frying pan with a diameter of about 15cm, until it is hot and bubbling. Swirl to coat the pan and then add the egg mixture.
5. Cook until it just begins to set on the base, and then stir and turn with a rubber spatula or fork, until you have a soft scrambled egg consistency. Spread over the base of the pan and then leave for a few seconds until the omelette is just set, but not browning at all.
6. Scatter over some Parmesan cheese, and holding the pan at an angle, flip one half over towards the middle. Repeat with the other side to create a cigar shape. Slide onto a plate; scatter with some more pancetta, a little extra Parmesan and serve with the juicy tomatoes. Repeat to make the remaining omelette.
Rate This Recipe