- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml stock syrup
- 2-4 pears, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 4-6 bought meringue shells
- 1 punnet blackberries
- 450 ml double cream
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground mixed spice
Tips and Suggestions
Judge the amount of pears according to your guests' appetites and the size of your serving dishes
1. Bring the stock syrup to a boil in a medium pan and poach the peeled pears until tender, remove from syrup then cool.
2. Break up the meringues into bitesize pieces by scrunching them in your hands into a bowl.
3. Dice the cooked pears into similar sized chunks to the meringue.
4. Rip the blackberries in half.
5. Whip the cream so that it just reaches soft peak but is not at all stiff.
6. Mix the cream, meringue pieces, pears and blackberries in a bowl gently. Add a pinch each of cinnamon and mixed spice to taste.
7. Divide the mixture between trifle glasses to serve
Eton Mess Recipe
Rate This Recipe