- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 large firm dessert pears
- 450 g frozen mixed berries
- 600 ml red wine, full flavoured
- 2 tbsp honey, runny
- 1 pinches ground ginger
- 1 pinches cinnamon, small
- 1 pinches ground black pepper, small
1. Peel the pears but leave them whole. Using a sharp knife and a tunnelling motion, carefully remove the cores from the round end.
2. Put the pears and berries in a saucepan, and pour 450ml of the red wine over them. Simmer the fruit until the pears are tender. Leave to cool in the liquid.
3. Remove the fruit and reserve the liquid.
4. Cut the pears into halves (or into quarters if you wish). Sieve the soft fruit and return to the pan with the cooking liquid.
5. Pour the remaining wine into a saucepan with the honey and spices and boil until you have a fairly thick syrup that will glaze the fruit.
6. Add the pears, bring back to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot, with the warmed soft fruit, red wine sauce and clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe