- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, leaves reserves, stalks finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 pigeon breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 115 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour, mixed to a smooth paste with 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 50 g toasted cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 fresh apricots, sliced, to garnish (optional)
1. Pour the olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the pigeon and the cinnamon and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until the pigeon is browned on all sides, then stir in the dried apricots.
3. Pour the cornflour paste into the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, cashew nuts and chopped herbs and season with salt and ground black pepper.
4. Transfer to warm serving plates and garnish with the reserved celery leaves or fresh apricot slices, if you like.
Rate This Recipe