- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- ï¿½ tsp mustard seeds
- ï¿½ tsp cumin seeds
- ï¿½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 fresh red chillies, slit lengthways and deseeded
- sea salt
- ï¿½ tsp granulated sugar
1. Steam the pumpkin in a steamer until just tender, about 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil until almost smoking in a small saucepan. Add in the mustard seeds and fry until the seeds begin to pop.
3. Add in the cumin, fenugreek and fennel seeds with the chilli, and fry for a few seconds.
4. Quickly pour the oil and spices over the reserved pumpkin. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste and the sugar, and toss gently to mix.
5. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe