- Serves: makes 1 x 400g jar
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jar roasted pepper, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ caster sugar
- small bunch basil
- flaked sea black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion, chilli and garlic. Fry over a low heat, until the onion has softened.
2. Stir in the red peppers and continue cooking until heated through.
3. Transfer the red pepper mixture to an electric blender or food processor and add the balsamic vinegar, sugar and basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Add a little water if you prefer a thinner sauce.
4. Serve the sauce hot, warm or cold, and store any extra sauce in a tightly
Rate This Recipe