- Serves: 3-4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus a few mins cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Peel the pumpkin or squash and discard the seeds, pith and stem. Cut into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic cloves, olive oil, cumin, chilli powder and some salt and pepper and toss to coat the vegetables evenly with the spices.
2. Spread over the base of a roasting in and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pumpkin is nicely browned and very tender. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
3. Transfer the contents of the roasting tin to a mixing bowl or food processor and purée until smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve warm or cold, with crackers, oatcakes, bread or crudités, or as a vegetable side dish.
Rate This Recipe