- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 30 mins marinating time
- Effort: easy
- 8 chicken wings
- 5 cm ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- steamed rice, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Cut off the wing tips, and cut the wings in half at the joint.
2. Combine the ginger, soy sauce, rice wine, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, 5-spice powder and sesame oil and pour over the chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Arrange the wings on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden and crisp.
4. Pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan, add a good dash of water and boil until syrupy, stirring occasionally.
5. Scatter the chicken with spring onions and serve with the soy syrup and steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe