- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5cm cube of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- a pinch of turmeric
- 4 salmon steaks
- 250 g rice noodles
- 1 head of broccoli
- chilli oil
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, chilli powder and turmeric in a small blender bowl or spice mill and process to give a smooth paste. Place the salmon steaks in a non-reactive dish and smear the spice paste all over them. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Put a saucepan of water to the boil, using a kettle to help you if desired. Cut the florets from the broccoli and break them into bite-sized pieces. Add to the boiling water with some salt. Cook for 2 minutes to soften, until the broccoli is vivid green. Then turn off the heat and add the rice noodles, stirring briefly to prevent clumping. Leave to stand for 1 minute or until the rice noodles are al dente.
3. Strain the noodle mixture through a colander and transfer to a mixing bowl. Douse with a little chilli oil and toss to prevent sticking. Set aside.
4. Preheat the grill. Wipe the marinade from the salmon and arrange the fish on the grill pan, skin-side down. Grill on one side only for 3-5 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
5. Distribute the rice noodles and broccoli amongst serving plates and top with the salmon. Garnish the plate by sprinkling it with salt, freshly ground pepper and dots of chilli oil.
Rate This Recipe