- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 stems lemongrass, split lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 5 cm piece galangal, finely chopped
- 1 x 5 cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 400 g baby aubergines
- 300 ml water
- 1 lime, juice only
- small bunch Thai basil, finely shredded
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and add the lemongrass, garlic, galangal, ginger, lime leaves, and chilli. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
2. Add the aubergines and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until browned.
3. Pour in the water, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the aubergines are tender.
4. Stir in the lime juice and basil leaves and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe