- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 500 g venison fillets, finely sliced
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 stem of lemongrass, finely sliced into rings
- 2 fresh red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm ginger, sliced
- 100 ml chicken stock
1. Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium heat and fry the peppercorns for about 20 seconds, until you catch a warm aroma.
2. Turn up the heat and add the sliced venison and turmeric - continue frying for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time, until the venison colours. Tip everything out of the pan and keep on one side.
3. Add the rest of the oil to the wok and stir-fry the peppers, onions, lemongrass, red chilli, garlic and ginger for a further 2-3 minutes
4. Return the venison to the wok, and pour in the chicken stock. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the stock has reduced by two-thirds. Serve straight away with rice.
Rate This Recipe