- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g chicken breasts, skinless, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 1 small Thai red chilli
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 450 g spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 1 tbsp peanuts
- 30 g bean sprouts
1. Combine the chicken, garlic and shallots in a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and fish sauce and set aside.
2. Pour the chicken stock into a saucepan.
3. Remove the seeds from the chilli and chop finely. Add it to the pan with the sugar and lemon juice; bring to a simmer.
4. Add the chicken and marinade.
5. Stir in the spinach and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
6. Remove from the heat and add the rice wine vinegar and the remaining soy sauce and fish sauce.
7. Stir in the peanuts and bean sprouts and serve in bowls.
Rate This Recipe