- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 sirloin steaks
- olive oil
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced at an angle
- 1/2 banana shallots, sliced lengthways
- Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 handfuls coriander, torn
- 1 handfuls basil, torn
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 limes, juice only
- 1/2 red chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
1. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Rub the steaks with olive oil and season with salt. Cook on the hot griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and leave to rest.
2. For the dressing: mix all the dressing ingredients together, and leave to stand while you assemble the salad.
3. Toss together all the vegetables and herbs. Spoon over the dressing and toss again.
4. Slice the steak into thin strips and mix with the salad. Serve in a heaped pile on a serving plate.
Rate This Recipe