- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
For the spicy burgers
- 400 g lancashire cheese, grated
- 200 g mozzarella, grated
- 200 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped coriander, mint and parsley
- 1 Birdseye red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- about 50 ml milk, to bind
- oil, for shallow frying
For the avocado salsa
- 2 ripeHass medium avocado, finely chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander, leaves and stems
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- soured cream
1. Put all the ingredients for the burgers into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. You need to over-season the mixture by about 15%, more than usual as the mix loses a little of its power as it chills and cooks
2. Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
3.Shape into 8-10 burgers.
4. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for about 5 minutes until golden, then drain well on kitchen paper.
5. To make the salsa; mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
6. To serve, wrap each burger in a warmed tortilla, top with salsa and soured cream.
Rate This Recipe