- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- handful of chopped coriander
For the spicy chicken and chick pea salad:
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, rinsed
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- olive oil
- few sprigs of thyme
- handful of rocket
- handful of sprigs coriander
- handful of watercress
- 1 roasted pepper, skinned and cut into strips
1. First make the harissa dressing. Place the chilli, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor and blend into a paste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the coriander.
2. To make the spicy chicken and chick pea salad, place the chicken breast fillet between two sheets of cling film and beat with a cook's mallet or rolling pin until flattened.
3. Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until hot.
5. Cook the chicken on the griddle pan until cooked through, searing on both sides. Remove and roughly chop.
6. Place the griddled chicken, chick peas, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and thyme in a bowl and toss.
7. In a separate bowl, toss the rocket, coriander and watercress with a tablespoon of harrissa dressing.
8. To assemble, place the salad leaves in the centre of a serving plate, spoon around the chicken and chick pea mixture, place the red pepper on top of the salad and top with a tablespoon of harissa dressing. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe