- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinade
- large handful fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 X 125 g chicken, thigh fillets
For the carrot salad
- 2 large carrots, finely grated
- 1 1/2 lemons, juice only
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp yogurt, or mayonnaise
- handful mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 lettuce, finely sliced
- 4 small tortillas, wraps
1. For the marinade: pound all the ingredients in a pestle and mortar to a rough paste. Tip into a shallow dish, add the chicken, mix well and marinate for a minimum of 20 minutes or overnight if you have time.
2. Lift the chicken out of the marinade, and place on a grill pan. Brown the chicken under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through, then set aside to cool and cut into slices.
3. For the salad: prepare the salad by mixing the carrot, two thirds of the lemon juice and the red chilli in a bowl. To make the dressing, mix the yoghurt, the remainder of the lemon juice, mint and plenty of seasoning.
4. Place a handful of lettuce on a tortilla wrap, then top with a few slices of chicken, the grated carrot and a drizzle of yoghurt, then fold and serve.
Rate This Recipe