- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pine kernels
- 1 bunches watercress
- 1 cooked beetroot, grated
For the frittata
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 courgettes, sliced into thin batons
- 4 free-range organic duck eggs
- 120 ml milk
- 2 handfuls mature cheddar cheese
1. For the salad: heat a heavy frying pan and toast the seeds and pine nuts until golden and aromatic. Stir or toss constantly to prevent the seeds and pine nuts burning. Take off the heat and transfer to a bowl.
2. In a salad bowl, toss the watercress with the grated beetroot. Scatter over the toasted seeds and pine nuts on top.
3. For the frittata: in an ovenproof non-stick frying pan, lightly fry the onions, garlic, and chilli flakes until soft. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl and pour the mixture into the pan with the courgettes. Stir the mixture so that the courgettes are spread out evenly. Leave to cook on a low heat for 3-4 minutes.
5. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar, then put the frittata pan under a hot grill until the egg is cooked and the cheese is bubbling.
6. Serve the frittata alongside the salad.
Rate This Recipe