- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil or argan oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely diced ginger
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 courgette, finely diced
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- pinch turmeric
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 250 g couscous
- 300 ml boiling chicken stock, or boiling water and stock cube
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander, leaves and stems to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, ginger, onion, peppers, courgette and spices. Cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the couscous, stirring to ensure it is well coated in the olive oil, vegetable and spice mix and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
3. Add the boiling stock, (add just enough to cover) mix well and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Fork through to break up the grains. Add the chopped coriander and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Serve on a large platter as a base for chicken tagine.
Rate This Recipe