- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus soaking
- Effort: easy
- 600-700ml chicken stock
- 375 g couscous
- 1 cinnamon stick
- a few cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- freshly grated nutmeg
- small handful of raisins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the stock until almost boiling.
2. Put the couscous in a glass bowl and pour in 500ml of the stock.
3. Add the cinnamon, cardamom pods, allspice and a little freshly grated nutmeg. Mix gently with a fork, place a plate on top and leave for 20 minutes until the stock is absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
5. Loosen the couscous with a fork. Add the raisins, olive oil and remaining stock.
6. Cover with foil and place in the oven to keep warm until ready to eat.
Rate This Recipe