- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus a dash
- cajun seasoning
- 450 g fresh crab meat, half brown, half white
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 limes
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 75 g frozen garden peas, thawed
- 1 mizuna lettuce, separated into leaves
- shavings celery
- slices of limes
1. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes; drain and cool. Slice into 2.5cm thick discs.
2. Toss the potato discs with the olive oil and Cajun seasoning to taste.
3. Preheat the griddle pan until very hot. Grill the potatoes on the pan, cooking them on either side until crisp. Season with a touch of salt and set aside.
4. Place the brown crab meat in a bowl. Add in a little of the lime juice and the fresh coriander and mash together with a fork. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Place the white crab meat in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add in the remaining lime juice, ground coriander and chilli and mix together.
6. Fold the peas into the mixture (reserving a few), adding a dash of olive oil.
7. Arrange the mizuna lettuce on a plate. Top with the griddled potato discs, brown crab meat and white crab meat.
8. Sprinkle the reserved peas over the crab meat and garnish with celery shavings and slices of lime. Serve.
Rate This Recipe