- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- a few slices sourdough, or similar bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 150 ml milk
- 500 g fresh picked white crab meat, cooked
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lime, to squeeze
- 150 g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
- pinch smoked paprika
1. Toast sour dough or similar bread lightly under grill.
2. Make a roux by heating the butter in a small pan until bubbling, tip in the flour and mix vigorously for a couple of mins.
3. In another pan gently warm the milk. Slowly add the warm milk until the sauce thickens, turn the heat down and cook the flour taste out for 3-4 mins, stirring continuously.
4. Mix the crab meat with the red chilli and add the lime juice to taste. Add the cheese, coriander and smoked paprika. Season carefully.
5. Mix the crabmeat with some of the béchamel mix using just enough to bind. Spread generously on one side of the bread & grill for 2-3 mins until hot.
Rate This Recipe