- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ garlic cloves
- ¼-½ red chilli, seeds removed (optional)
- 1/3 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 200 g heirloom tomatoes, chopped into small cubes
- ¼ small red onions, very finely sliced
- 1 loaf of ciabatta
- 120 g goats' curd or soft, mild goats' cheese
- A handfuls handful of baby rocket or basil
1. Place the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and chilli into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the sugar, to taste.
2. Place the chopped tomatoes into a bowl along with the red onions, then pour over the chilli dressing. Mix well to coat.
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking and add the ciabatta slices, cooking for 1-2 minutes on both sides until golden-brown and nicely charred.
4. To serve, spoon the tomato mixture over each slice of griddled bread. Place a quenelle of goats curd over the top. Place the baby rocket or basil in a bowl and dress with a little bit of olive oil. Scatter over the bruschetta.
Rate This Recipe