- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 450 g lean minced lamb
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 3-4 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 125 g feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the cucumber salsa
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50 g black olives, drained and cut in half
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together.
2. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm (3½inch) burgers. If time allows cover and chill for 20 minutes. Meanwhile mix the cucumber salsa ingredients together and set aside.
3. Cook the burgers on a barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
4. Serve with sourdough bread or similar, salad leaves and salsa, or a selection of relishes.
Rate This Recipe