- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 kg lean cubed leg of lamb
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 30-40 cherry tomatoes
- oil, for brushing
For the marinade:
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 heaped tsp fennel seeds
- 2 heaped tsp coriander seeds
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 300 g jar lime and chilli chutney
- black pepper
1. To make the marinade, dry-fry the three seeds together for about 2 minutes in a heavy-based frying pan until they exude their characteristic toasty smell.
2. Put them in a mortar, and grind to a coarse powder. Then add the chilli, garlic, salt and pepper, and grind them all down together.
3. Tip the mixture into a bowl. Add the lime and chilli chutney, mixing well.
4. Put the meat in a bowl and mix in the marinade, stirring until well coated. Cover with cling film then leave in the fridge to marinade for as long as you can, preferably overnight.
5. Let the meat come to room temperature before cooking.
6. Thread the meat onto skewers alternating it with the onions and tomatoes. Brush lightly with oil.
7. Place the kebabs on the barbecue and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
Rate This Recipe