- Serves: makes 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus a few hours marinating
- Effort: easy
For the lamb
- 600 g diced lamb, preferably from the leg, cut to 3cm2
For the marinade
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
For the yogurt sauce
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- handful mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
To build the kebab
- 4 x 20 cm flatbreads
- 200 g cabbage, (red or white), shredded thinly
- chilli sauce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- few pickled chillies
- squeeze of lemon juice
1. For the marinade: Mix together half the crushed garlic with all the cumin, a pinch of salt and a little olive oil, then roll and coat the lamb cubes in it well. Leave lamb out at room temperature for a few hours, covered with cling film, or overnight in the fridge.
2. For the Lamb: When youre ready to eat, put your griddle or frying pan on a high heat and get it smoking hot.
3. If you have a griddle you wont need any oil if youre doing it in a pan you may need a tiny splash. Quickly and individually put the lamb cubes onto the griddle and leave to sizzle.
4. Turn the meat after 5 minutes and cook for a further 5 minutes and remove to rest on a plate.
5. For the yogurt sauce: Mix together all ingredients in a bowl, adding a seasoning of salt and pepper.
6. To build the kebab: Put a flatbread on the warmed griddle or frying pan to soften up a little. Remove the flatbread to a plate and put yoghurt sauce on the bottom, then cabbage, chilli sauce, tomato, onion, dill pickle and top it off with the lamb, a bit more yoghurt sauce, some pickled chillies and a squeeze of lemon.
Rate This Recipe