- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g Greek yogurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle, crushed
- grilled strips pitta bread, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Lemon myrtle is a Tasmanian bush spice, found growing in the Rainforest. It has the tartness of lemon and the herby flavour of basil. It has to be treated like a herb, so take care not to overcook it. If cooked for too long the lemony flavour is lost and an unpleasant eucalyptus note can take over.
Lemon Myrtle is versatile and can be used wherever lemon grass or lemon zest is called for. It is best used sparingly.
1. Place the yogurt into a bowl and grind in some black pepper.
2. Mix in the crushed lemon myrtle and serve as a dip with strips of grilled pitta bread.
Rate This Recipe