- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dried red lentils
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g mild curry paste
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 140 g Greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
For a vegetarian option, use vegetable stock instead of chicken
1. Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear, then drain.
2. Put the lentils, stock, tomatoes, bay leaves, garlic, curry paste, carrot, celery and potato in a 4.5 litre slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide into bowls. Top with Greek yogurt and sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and coriander.
Recipe from Lakeland
Rate This Recipe