- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 30 min chilling
- Effort: easy
- 500 g minced pork
- 50 g pancetta, chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g wholewheat fusilli or casarecce pasta
- parmesan shavings
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork mince and pancetta. Add the grated onion, chilli flakes, breadcrumbs, parsley, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Mix well with your hands, then, if you have time, refrigerate for 30 minutes, which will help to firm the mixture.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
3. Using wet hands to prevent sticking, shape the mince mixture into small meatballs and put them on a lined tray. Drizzle with the oil and roast the meatballs in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden.
4. While they are cooking, heat the chopped tomatoes in a pan, then add to the tomatoes. along with the garlic and leave to simmer on a low heat for around 20 minutes. If the mix starts to look a little dry, you can add a splash of water.
5. Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
6. To serve, spoon the meatballs and sauce over the cooked pasta and top with parmesan shavings.
Rate This Recipe