- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
Spicy Pork Schnitzel
- 4 loin of pork steaks, 150g each trimmed of fat and sinew
- black pepper
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- half tsp chilli powder
- half tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, whisked with a pinch of salt
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- a bunch of rocket, to serve
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- 50 g butter, softened slightly
- grated zest of 1 lemons
- 8 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 250 g new potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 100 g mayonnaise
- 8 tbsp chopped chives
- black pepper
1. First make the lemon butter by mashing together with a fork the softened butter, lemon zest and chopped parsley. Cover and refrigerate until required.
2. Now make the potato salad. Chop the boiled new potatoes into chunks. Mix with mayonnaise and chopped chives. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Layer the pork fillets between two sheets of cling film. Using a cook's wooden mallet or a rolling pin, beat out the pork until flattened. Season the pork fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Mix the flour with the paprika, chilli powder and garlic powder. Dip the pork pieces in the flour, then coat with the beaten egg and coat thoroughly in the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy frying pan. Fry the pork Schnitzels until golden brown on either side, around 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve each Schnitzel topped with a slice of lemon butter, with a lemon wedge, rocket and potato salad.
Rate This Recipe