- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- vegetable or coconut oil, for shallow frying
- 200 g red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 200 g finely diced tomatoes
- 300 ml fresh tomato sauce, (if needed)
- 2 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 500g large raw prawns, heads removed, shelled and de-veined
- chopped coriander, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
2. Add in the onion and fry gently, stirring often, until translucent. Stir in the ground coriander and chilli powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the diced tomatoes and continue to cook until the tomatoes have disintegrated and amalgamated with the onion and spices. If the sauce begins to dry out mix in the fresh tomato sauce.
4. Stir in the diced mango and cook slowly until softened.
5. Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe