- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 1 aubergine
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 50 g frozen or fresh peas
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Tips and Suggestions
Aubergines, peas, tomatoes and onions all count towards your 5 a day. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk
1. Roast the aubergine on a gas burner over a medium heat, turning regularly so that the skin blisters evenly. Wrap the hot aubergines in foil and leave to cool, then cut in half, scoop the flesh out into a small bowl and mash.
2. Heat the oil in large frying pan and gently fry the chopped onions and chillies over a medium heat until golden. Stir in the garlic and spices and fry for couple of minutes more, then add the tomatoes and cook until they have softened and lost most of their moisture.
3. Stir in the peas and mashed aubergine and cook for few minutes over a medium heat until warmed through. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the coriander.
Rate This Recipe