- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp corn oil, or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 small chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 450 g raw peeled tiger prawns, de-veined
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp dark rum
- corn pudding, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, coriander and chilli. Gently fry for 30 seconds being careful not to allow the garlic to become brown or burn.
2. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until they turn pink. Season with salt.
3. Heat a small pan over high heat. Add the rum to the hot pan and tilt to ignite. Allow to flambé for about 1 minute until the flames die down. Pour over the prawns and serve immediately with the corn puddng.
Rate This Recipe