- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the shellfish cheesecake:
- 200 g finely grated parmesan
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g cream cheese, (ideally Philadelphia)
- 4 large eggs
- 120 ml double cream
- 200 g smoked cheese, (such as smoked edam, gouda or Cheddar), grated
- hot cayenne pepper
- 500 g cooked shelled shellfish, (a mixture of clams, mussels and crab)
- 100 g finely chopped parsley
For the green bean and horseradish salad:
- 1 kg fresh or frozen fine green beans
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, eeled and grated
- 6 rashers of rashers of streaky bacon, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
2. To make the shellfish cheesecake mix together the Parmesan, bread crumbs and melted butter thoroughly in a mixing bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of a spring-form, high-sided cake tin.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the spring onions, chilli and red and yellow pepper and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes. Season with the salt and freshly ground pepper and set aside to cool.
4. In a food processor blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, blending with each addition.
5. Add the cream, smoked cheese, cayenne pepper and cooled pepper mixture.
6. Fold in the shellfish and parsley.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the lined cake tin.
8. Bake for 1 hour, until set and firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
9. Meanwhile, make the green bean salad. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain, plunge into iced water, then drain and set aside.
10. In a bowl, whisk together the horseradish, sour cream, mayonnaise, shallots and garlic.
11. Season with Worcestershire sauce and salt and freshly ground pepper.
12. Toss the drained beans with the horseradish dressing.
13. Mound the green beans on a serving platter. Sprinkle with grated hard-boiled egg and chopped bacon. Serve with wedges of the shellfish cheesecake.
Rate This Recipe