- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the spicy Thai chicken and mango salad
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk, preferably reduced fat
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small mango, peeled and sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/3 cucumber, halved, seeds removed and sliced on an angle
- 3-4 spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 1 sticks celery, sliced on an angle
- 1/2 bunches mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 bunches coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced on an angle
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp palm sugar, or soft brown sugar
- 1 red bird's eye chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 wedges of limes
1. To make the spicy Thai chicken and mango salad; place the coconut milk and fish sauce in a pan and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the coconut milk.
3. When the chicken is cool, lift the chicken from the coconut milk and tear it into shreds or strips. The coconut milk can be used to make Sticky Coconut Rice or to make a Thai red or green curry.
4. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and toss with the mango, cucumber, spring onions, celery, mint, coriander and green chilli.
5. To make the dressing, mix everything together and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into the salad and mix well. Just before serving scatter over the chopped peanuts.
6. Serve the salad as it is for a lighter meal, or with some Sticky Coconut Rice.
Rate This Recipe