- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 700 g ripe tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried dried red chilli flakes
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the avocado cream
- 2 medium avocado, stones removed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the remaining vegetables and continue to cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, seasoning and chillies.
4. Stir in the stock, half cover the pan with a lid, and let the soup simmer gently for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool and liquidize until smooth. Pass through a sieve in to a clean pan and gently reheat.
5. Make the avocado cream by simply whizzing all the ingredients together until smooth.
6. Serve the soup in bowls, with a generous dollop of the avocado cream on top.
Rate This Recipe