- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinches freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 20 sage leaves
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 2 large onions, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 red peppers, cut into 2cm cubes
For the salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 courgettes, very finely sliced
- 2 carrots, very finely sliced
- 2 leeks, very finely sliced
- 6 tbsp toasted pine kernels
- 2 lemon juice
- mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
1. Put the chicken cubes into a bowl wit the rosemary, mint and two tablespoons of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.Leave to marinate for an hour, or longer if possible.
2. Push the meat onto the skewers, alternating with the sage leaves, mushrooms, onions and peppers. Repeat the process until the skewers are full. Brush with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill them for 15 minutes, turning them frequently. Alternatively cook them in a large pan with the left over marinated juice for about 15 minutes.
4. While the skewers are cooking, put the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the sliced vegetables for about two minutes.
5. Add the pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
6. Place some warm salad in the middle of a plate and put two skewers on top. Serve immediately with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a little mayonnasie if desired.
Rate This Recipe