- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 1-cm thick slices
- 1.5 kg sea bass, scaled and cleaned
- 2-4 sprigs rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- ½ lemons, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g fennel seeds
- 2 bulb fennel
- seasalt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Par-boil the sliced potatoes for 2 minutes before draining.
2. Make several diagonal slashes across each side of the fish without cutting through to the bone. Place a small sprig of rosemary and slice of garlic in each slash and put the remaining garlic, lemon and remaining rosemary inside the cavity.
3. Rub the fish with 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, half the fennel seeds and pepper.
4. Slice the fennel lengthways into 1-cm thick pieces and place on a baking tray with the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining fennel seeds and season well.
6. Place the fish on top, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and cover with foil. Bake for about 35 minutes, until cooked through.
7. Surround the cooked fish with the potatoes and fennel and garnish with extra rosemary sprigs.
Rate This Recipe