- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 unwaxed lemons
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 8 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- 8 canned tinned anchovies, chopped
- 4 whole sea bass, about 300g each
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 blanched courgettes, diced
- 3 roasted yellow peppers, roughly sliced
- 150 g black Kalamata olives, in olive oil sliced
- 10 basil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Peel the lemons and chop up the skin. In a large bowl mix the lemon skin with the parsley, olive oil, wine and anchovies; season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix well and divide the stuffing between the 4 fish, gently filling them so you don't break the fish.
4. Slice the remainder of the peeled lemons and place on a baking tray. Arrange the fish on top of the lemon slices.
5. Cook for about 15 minutes.
6. In the meantime, mix together all the salsa ingredients and season with a grinding of salt and pepper.
7. When the fish is cooked and tender, gently remove and discard the stuffing. Transfer the fish to serving plates and re-stuff with the salsa. Serve straight away with a glass of Italian dry white wine.
Rate This Recipe