- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunches spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1 kg spinach, blanched and drained
- 3-4 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 225 g feta cheese, broken up
- 500 g packet filo pastry
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, gently fry the onions, then add the spinach and dill and cook until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat, and stir in the feta.
3. Butter a tart dish, then line with three or four leaves thickness of filo, painting each with butter before adding the next. Fill with the spinach mixture, then lay three or four more filo leaves on top (buttering as you go). Tuck down the sides, then paint the edges with egg to seal. Paint the top, too.
4. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until golden brown. Eat hot or warm.
Rate This Recipe