- Serves: 4
- Effort: easy
- 250 g spinach leaves, frozen, finely chopped
- 375 g pre-rolled, ready-made puff pastry
- 1 tbsp couscous, uncooked
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 150 g goats' cheese, with rind, or Camembert, cut into chunks
- 3 pinches nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 eggs, beaten
1. Defrost the spinach, which can easily be done in a microwave. Strain in a sieve and press to squeeze out extra moisture.
2. Preheat oven to 220C/gas 7. Lay the pastry out flat and cut into two equal rectangles. Place one rectangle on a baking sheet. Spread the spinach evenly over the surface, leaving a border all the way around.
3. Sprinkle over the uncooked couscous (the couscous helps absorb any extra moisture from the spinach). Season thoroughly with salt, pepper and lots of nutmeg. Arrange goats' cheese or Camembert chunks on the spinach.
4. Using a rolling pin, gently roll the remaining pastry out slightly to make it a touch thinner in thickness. Place over the top of the filling, and using your fingers, press to seal and trim off any untidy edges. Use a fork to press all the way round the edge. Brush all over with beaten egg.
5. Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until deep golden and puffed all over.
Rate This Recipe