- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 225 ml double or regular cream
- 200 g orzo
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 200 g spinach, , large stalks removed, chopped, or baby spinach
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
Tips and Suggestions
Try this with Roast lamb loin with a spicy rub
1. Melt half the butter in a large saucepan on a low heat, add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and sweat the onion for 8'10 minutes or until soft but not browned.
2. Add the garlic and spices, turn up the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 3'4 minutes or until the spices give off a fragrant aroma. Pour in the cream, bring just to boiling point, then reduce the heat again and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cream has thickened.
3. While the sauce is simmering, cook the orzo following the instructions on the packet.
4.Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan on a high heat, Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, for 4'5 minutes or until golden.
5. Add the mushrooms to the sauce along with the mint, spring onions, spinach, and mustard. Fold in the orzo and serve while warm.
Rate This Recipe