- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1/21 day-old baguettes, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp parmesan shavings, to garnish
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms, stalks removed, thickly sliced
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 350 g spinach leaves, stalks removed
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- black pepper
1. Toast the bread on both sides under a preheated grill. Brush with olive oil mixed with crushed garlic, and keep warm.
2. To make the topping, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3minutes.
3. Stir in garlic and spinach. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring, until the leaves wilt.
4. Add the vinegar, sugar and seasoning, and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
5. Spoon the spinach mixture over the toasted baguette slices.
6. Garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe